Re: Client Certificates - re-opening discussion

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 07:11:20PM +0100, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:

> You mean: don't send the certificate, link to it on the web?
> Then you are close to WebID-TLS
>   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/
> WebID-TLS only published the public key, but one could
> also publish the full certificate. ( people had suggested
> that before, but we were waiting for larger use cases to
> consider it )

No, I meant sending the certificate chain. But if the equivalent to
the certificate chain is just a single raw public key, one could
stick it to headers (but I suppose for implementability reasons
one would not do that).

> The advanage following that pattern is you put the certificate
> anywhere you like, not just in .well-known.

Which causes all the security issues from retretiving URLs. And
also, most of the users probably won't have any place to stick
the cert to.

-Ilari