From: Stefan Eissing [mailto:stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de]
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2015 10:50 AM
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-httpbis-origin-frame-00.txt

Ok, sounds easy to do and helpful for clients.

Nit-picking:

- if a server wants to indicate that it does not offer/allow any
  other origin on the current connection, can it send an empty frame or does
  it always have to include the SNI from the TLS connection?
- clients need to be prepared to get a 421 anyway (robustness)
- on a h2c connection, this could advise clients to re-use connections
  only for a set of origins. maybe a server preference for load balancing.
  (yeah, which clients?)

//Stefan

> Am 20.07.2015 um 10:06 schrieb Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>:
>
> FYI. If people are interested and we have time, can discuss at the end of the WG meeting, or in the hallways.
>
> Cheers,
>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
>> Subject: New Version Notification for
>> draft-nottingham-httpbis-origin-frame-00.txt
>> Date: 20 July 2015 10:04:11 am GMT+2
>> To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>, "Erik Nygren"
>> <nygren@akamai.com>, "Erik Nygren" <nygren@akamai.com>, "Mark
>> Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>
>>

>> A new version of I-D, draft-nottingham-httpbis-origin-frame-00.txt
>> has been successfully submitted by Mark Nottingham and posted to the
>> IETF repository.
>>
>> Name:  draft-nottingham-httpbis-origin-frame
>> Revision: 00
>> Title:  The ORIGIN HTTP/2 Frame
>> Document date: 2015-07-20
>> Group:  Individual Submission
>> Pages:  4

>> Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-httpbis-origin-frame-00

>> Abstract:
>>  This document specifies the ORIGIN frame for HTTP/2, to indicate
>> what  origins are available on a given connection.
>>

>> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>>
>> The IETF Secretariat
>>

> --
> Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/