Re: HTTP/2 Upgrade with content?

On 13/03/2015 11:03 p.m., Stefan Eissing wrote:

> Thanks for the link to the discussion, very helpful. I might be able
> to create a request in the server that reads a HTTP/1.1 body and
> produces a HTTP/2 response. Since the body can be read without any flow
> control needing to happen, that might just work. But there may be
> monsters lurking here, for example the server omitting a RST_STREAM on 1
> while the http/1.1 body is still incomplete...

RST_STREAM in 1.1 terms is a TCP RST on the connection. The client
sending 1.1 needs to treat it that way while it is still sending the 1.1
message.

If the client has finished sending it can (should? will?) treat it as
2.0 RST_STREAM on a closed stream. Eventually the end of the payload
will arrive at the server and things are good.

A server sending RST_STREAM 1 before its finished reading that 1.1
payload is shooting itself in the foot potentially and needs to handle
both those possibilities. Implementation choice.

Amos