Re: HTTP/2 Upgrade with content?

Thanks for the link to the discussion, very helpful. I might be able to create a request in the server that reads a HTTP/1.1 body and produces a HTTP/2 response. Since the body can be read without any flow control needing to happen, that might just work. But there may be monsters lurking here, for example the server omitting a RST_STREAM on 1 while the http/1.1 body is still incomplete...

//Stefan

> Am 13.03.2015 um 10:34 schrieb Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>:
>
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2015, Stefan Eissing wrote:
>
>> do you mean curl will, after seeing a 101 response, send the body on the HTTP2 stream 1? That could be made to work...
>
> No, that won't work.
>
> First, without "Expect: 100-continue" in the request the client will send the body immediately without waiting for anything so there will be no chance to send the 101 until after the request-body.
>
> And _with_ "Expect: 100-continue" we've already concluded that 100 must be sent back before the 101 and that will then make the body get sent as well before the 101 will be considered!
>
> The Expect+Upgrade discussion thread I'm referring to can be found here:
>
>  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2013JulSep/1047.html
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

<green/>bytes GmbH