Re: Alt-Svc #62: proxies

​​
I'm not sure about this. Consider the case where a client is configured to
use proxy.example.com for all request. The client wants to request
https://www.service.com/. To do this, the browser connects to the proxy and
issues a CONNECT request, resulting in a TLS handshake and an HTTP/2
connection (via the proxy) to ww.service.com:443. Now, lets say that the
client wants to request https://mail.service.com. Previously,
mail.service.com advertised www.service.com:443 as an alternative service.
Should not the client be able to use the existing (tunneled through the
proxy) connection to www.service.com:443? The TLS connection *is*
end-to-end in this case (though the underlying TPC connection is not).