Re: Straw Poll: Restore Header Table and Static Table Indices

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 03:24:45PM +1100, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> That's not where we're at, Greg.
>
> The current stance on changing the static table was that we'd do so *if*
> we've agreed to make other breaking changes.

But Mark, people's experience differ depending on the environment where
they deploy the protocol, so that means that the current status is too
white or too black and that possibly making it a little bit grayer would
make it more suitable for most environments. I don't see what's wrong
with considering feedbacks from real deployments, *even at this stage*.
Otherwise that means testers are useless and we should just work on
paper with a wet finger in the wind.

Willy, confused.