Re: null ciphers in 9.2.2

My comments in the other thread are very much about IF we are to restrict
ciphers can we at least do so in a non fragile way.

My response here is do we really really have to have 9.2.2?

Enforcing strong ciphers is targeted at trying to make main stream
deployments better, but a whole bunch of niche use-cases are going to be
innocent bystanders that are outlawed by 9.2.2.

For example, using null ciphers for debugging purposes is now a casualty of
9.2.2.  I'm sure there are other niche use-cases that will probably be
taken out.

I totally get why you want to have 9.2.2, but the application protocol us
just the wrong place to try to do it and I think we are yet to have an idea
of how deep the unintended consequences will be.

regards

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>