Re: h2 header field names

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 07:08:22 +0000
To: "Martin Nilsson" <nilsson@opera.com>
cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
--------
In message <op.xloh3bziiw9drz@beryllium.bredbandsbolaget.se>, "Martin Nilsson"
writes:

>It's just such a big waste to build this nice, 8-bit clean tunnel [...]

I can certainly understand and share that frustration.

But there are two ways to exploit the 8-bit tunnel:  End-to-end or
using path compression.

HPACK does the later with pretty good job on the latter as far as
base64 is concerned, so we wouldn't gain much in efficiency for all
the pain it would be to get PHP programmers to understand binary
headers.