Re: h2 header field names

Amos,

On Sep 4, 2014, at 10:40 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> > Regardless, what are you trying to accomplish with binary header
> > values?
> >

> Good question. In a nutshell, the gain is simplicity for
> implementations no longer having to include base-64 encoder/decoders
> or spend CPU cycles doing the coding.

OK, to restate my question: why do you feel that passing binary data is the hammer you need to use for your particular use case (whatever that is)?  Are you really wanting to pass arbitrary BLOBs, or do you just want to be able to pass UTF-8 or other non-ASCII text?

(not touching the CPU argument...)