Re: h2 priority

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 07:10:52 +0000
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
cc: Roy Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
--------
In message <751772A5-B4A5-4F8C-8F25-339DF9CE2375@mnot.net>, Mark Nottingham wri
tes:

>2. Require priority to be sent in a PRIORITY frame (removing it from =
>HEADERS)

As much as I would hate if we did it, there is the option of two
frame formats:

Short frames have no payload, and the length field can be used for
24 bits of information.

Long frames have a payload and the length field tells how long it is.

In addition to PRIORITY frames, that could shave 4 bytes of all
WINDOW_UPDATES