RE: draft-hutton-httpbis-connect-protocol-00.txt

Thanks to everybody who provided feedback on this draft during the session in Toronto last week.

During the following RTCWEB session in Toronto we discussed referencing this draft in http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-transports-05 and it looks like RTCWEB has consensus to do this as long as HTTPBis intends to adopt the draft.

So I would like to understand what needs to be done to move this forward in HTTPBis.

It seems that the concept of including an indication that the application/protocol is WebRTC and therefore the proxy can expect real-time media in the tunnel is accepted but there are some open issues around the name of the header and exactly what labels to use.

I personally would be ok with the header name being either "Tunneled-Application" or "Tunnel-Protocol" and that for webrtc purposes a single label "webrtc" taken from http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn-00 would be ok. Note the -rtcweb-alpn- draft was adopted by RTCWEB last week.

Regards
Andy