Re: #557: Intra-message HEADERS frames

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:00:52 +1000
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 21 July 2014 05:43, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> Do we need to say anything else here, or can we go ahead and close this
> issue?

I'm happy with that wording.   Implies ignorability, which helps the
prospects for future extensions to work.

Although as implementations have to decode them to keep headertable up to
date, perhaps a some extra words saying implementations should be aware
they could be used for DoS, which is a little different to HTTP headers, as
implementations will be expanding those and checking the size, while
ignored frames might not be checked.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>