Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-latest, 8.1.2.1 Request Header Fields | Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-latest, 5.5 Extending HTTP/2

In message <CABkgnnWey=iHxJO9AwOWa146-Cu1g8HJ-yXT8McXyo3W8aXgqw@mail.gmail.com>
, Martin Thomson writes:
>On 16 July 2014 23:24, Yutaka Hirano <yhirano@google.com> wrote:
>> Then we need only client => server SETTINGS frame with WS_CPABABLE.

>The only problem there is the added delay.  A client can't open a
>websocket in the first flight.

So since this seems to be the standard reply to pretty much everything
else, why doesn't it just negotiate WS with TLS (or Update:) to begin
with ?

Why the detour over HTTP/2 ?