Re: Getting to Consensus on 1xx Status Codes (#535)

From: Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:30:19 -0400
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
I'd just call the flag "EXPECT_WINDOW_UPDATE" and document that it corresponds to the Expect: 100-continue semantics of HTTP/1.1.

We'll still need to define the HTTP/1.1 gateway behavior, e.g., a 2.0 to 1.1 gateway needs to implement a timeout that sends a WINDOW_UPDATE frame if it doesn't see a 100 response in a timely manner.