Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-http-proxy-problem-01.txt

Cutting a trail is not the same as paving it over. Let's not get ahead
of ourselves. The fact is: in today's applications, there is very
little (if any) real separation between the path and the query, and
application developers put stuff all over the place. If you want
developers to start separating those, you need to educate before you
can standardize. Regarding the privacy claims specifically, there's
are a ton of things someone can learn given nothing but the method and
routing information. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that even
the most rudimentary activity information is somehow "safe" from
disclosure.