Re: Large Frame Proposal

From: Albert Lunde <atlunde@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:57:12 -0500
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 7/11/2014 9:59 AM, Roberto Peon wrote:
> As I mentioned before, IIRC we've seen response headers as large as
> 12mb, at which point we said: OK, lets have a 2G limit (effectively
> infinite), because clearly we can't predict this.

It's reasonable to expect that there are different types of traffic with
different needs: web browsing, video streaming, and transport of large
files don't act the same. Active Directory is probably a factor in
promoting large Kerberos tickets, but seeing them on http/https is a
corner case outside intranets.

--
     Albert Lunde  albert-lunde@northwestern.edu
                   atlunde@panix.com  (address for personal mail)