Re: Large Frame Proposal

In message <CAP+FsNdoESu1GyRwyU5GCQGXFxXaHNfi92d13K86gHxxwFYEJg@mail.gmail.com>
, Roberto Peon writes:

>As I mentioned before, IIRC we've seen response headers as large as 12mb,
>at which point we said: OK, lets have a 2G limit (effectively infinite),
>because clearly we can't predict this.

So there are two questions we need to ask ourselves:

1. Should the protocol support this case ?

2. By default or by configuration ?

3. Who should suffer most ?

My answers are:  Yes, configuration and sender.

Yes, because it is stupid to make a protocol with arbitrary limitations.

Configuration because we should not force all HTTP/2.0 implementations
to over-reserve memory on the off-chance that they ever see one of
these requests.

Sender, because in particular in a case like this, it is important to
give the receiver advance notice that exceptional memory management
will be required.