Re: Service Bindings DNS Records (draft-nygren-service-bindings-00)

From: Erik Nygren <erik@nygren.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 22:19:58 -0400
To: William Chan (陈智昌) <willchan@chromium.org>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 9:49 PM, William Chan (陈智昌) <willchan@chromium.org>
wrote:

> Fair enough. I'll read it more thoroughly tomorrow. Note that the happy
> eyeballs for ipv6 is different, because origins have to opt into serving
> AAAA responses. They get to make that latency tradeoff decision themselves,
> rather than Chrome version X launching and being slower for all websites.

I'm not sure how I see the difference between this vs AAAA responses with
happy eyeballs?  In both cases for websites that don't have the records you
have to issue both queries and wait at least some time for an authoritative
and cacheable NXDOMAIN or NOERROR back.  And in both cases you start off
with fairly few names actually having the record, with that shifting over
time as adoption grows.

       Erik