Re: Large Frames, Continuations, Flow Control, and changing HPACK

Having not been a fan of the reference set from the onset (I argued
*long ago* that it should just go away) I'm definitely +1 on Jeff's
proposal. (of course, I'd MUCH rather see *stateful* header
compression get tossed out entirely).

Also..

  +1 on Greg's proposal re: larger frame sizes and dropping
CONTINUATION entirely.
  +1 on PHK's proposal to allow negotiation of header compression scheme

I would also take a moment to reflect on the fact that HPACK is not
actually required for HTTP/2 to meet it's chartered goals. I know
there are arguments that say that header compression makes
multiplexing better, but that doesn't mean that (a) it has to be HPACK
and (b) that it has to be stateful. The overwhelming majority of the
problems currently being discussed simply vanish if we eliminate the
idea that header transmission could, in any way, modify connection
state.

- James