Re: Large Frame Proposal

Oy.

The concept is fairly simple.

If you need to know the entire size of the headers before one is allowed to
send any of it (as would be the case), then one must wait for all of the
headers data to arrive (and mutate it) before forwarding.
Thus, adding at a minimum: header-bytes/bandwidth seconds of latency per
gateway (not to mention the additional memory for the buffering).
I'd expect this to add a 10th of a ms per gateway or so, more on more
constrained links.

-=R