Re: Support for gzip at the server #424

Correct. But IIUC, the problem is the client doesn't know if there's a 1.0
intermediary or backend in the path, or if the 2.0 gateway is willing to
buffer (sounds crazy, but just for completeness I mentioned it). So the
client can't assume gzip support at the peer, even though we suspect most
would support it. Since we can't assume by default, I was thinking maybe we
can assume by having the server/proxy explicitly declare support.