HTTP/2 schedule - implementation draft, interim meeting, WGLC

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 18:07:36 +0800
Cc: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
One of the things we discussed at the Design Team Meeting on Saturday was the schedule for our next Implementation Draft and its companion interop / interim meeting.

Martin thinks we can get our next Implementation Draft out by the end of March, and the implementers in the room there seemed to think that a longer period was necessary before the next interop.

Therefore, we talked about having the next interim meeting (where wed do interop on that draft) on the US East Coast in early June (most likely, 5-6 June in Boston).

The idea behind that is that, barring any major problems, that would be our last implementation draft, and wed go to Working Group Last Call shortly thereafter.

Doing that would put us about two months behind our charter deliverable schedule for WGLC, but the implementers we spoke to felt that it was necessary to have a bit more time, since otherwise wed be talking about a less-than-one-month iteration.

What do folks here think  does that make sense? Id like to decide this ASAP, since some people have said they need to make travel plans.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/