Re: h2#404 requiring gzip and/or deflate

On 21 February 2014 11:02, Albert Lunde <atlunde@panix.com> wrote:
> Another question is whether compression schemes introduce side channels
> better to attack TLS.

Yes, there is a concern here.  That's why we have padding.  There are
also other tools HTTP/2 provides, like push, that help mitigate these
attacks.

I think that it would be best if we left this problem to our friends
in TLS and websec and other more qualified groups.  If at some point
they come to us and say "we have decided to forbid compression" or,
more likely, "you are going to have to do the following things if you
want to use compression", then we will have to consider our options.