Re: h2#404 requiring gzip and/or deflate

* Willy Tarreau wrote:
>The other difference is the use of the faster adler32 checksum in deflate
>instead of crc32 in gzip, so *if* we want to mandate something, deflate
>is cheaper for both ends. That said, I'm still very concerned that we
>want to mandate such antique bit-oriented algorithms which are extremely
>slow and memory invasive while we have many much better ones such as
>snappy, lz4, quicklz and I-don't-know-what which are much more friendly
>for both ends and better suited for the 21th century's machines and
>networks.

I expect we will make sure through appropriate specification and testing
that we can deploy new compression schemes much more easily than it is
for HTTP/1.1, so I am not too concerned about that. Anyway, there are 3
formats here, RFC 1950 "zlib" is the format with Adler32 checksums; raw
DEFLATE is RFC 1951 without checksum (and the third is RFC 1952 "gzip").