Re: Priority straw man

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:25 AM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 29 January 2014 05:51, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > So I propose that PRIORITY can be sent to stream ID = 0. In this case,
> > stream dependency
> > field must be 0 and the receiver of this frame changes the weight of the
> > specified priority group and does not change the relative ordering inside
> > it.
>

> Interesting proposal.  It is more code to handle another scenario,
> maybe; but definitely less work required to reprioritize.

The additional implementation cost is negligible compared to the whole
priority stuff, isn't it?
Also we did similar thing in WINDOW_UPDATE frame; checking stream ID for 0
and non-0 case.
My proposal is also not affected by the pathological case where the stream
in the header disappear due to the asynchronous nature of the protocol, if
endpoint just wants to change the weight of the group.

Best regards,
Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa