Re: HTTP/2 vs. proxies ?

For encrypted traffic, forward proxies are functionally bypassed and most HTTP/2 traffic will be encrypted. When they do see the rare plaintext attempt to upgrade to HTTP/2, proxies can simply strip the header and prevent it. Therefore proxies have little motivation to implement it. HTTP/2 with mandatory TLS (the Google and Mozilla position) is an attempt to obsolete forward proxies, which explains why lack of proxy support in HTTP/2.0 is not a blocking issue to go to last call.

Thanks,

Peter