Re: Proxies (includes call for adopting new work item, call for input)

I agree that those two aspects 1) trusting a single vendor and 2) functional incompleteness on the client make Split UA proxies different from traditional web proxies like squid.

But if a split UA proxy were to decrypt my TLS traffic on the server side, I'd want to know about it and be able to say no. You could argue that the certificate installation step is no longer meaningful -- http://caffeinatetheweb.com/presentations/trusted_proxy.html#/3. But the notification and user control piece is exactly the same as non split UA proxies -- http://caffeinatetheweb.com/presentations/trusted_proxy.html#/4.

Peter