Re: what about Proxies in Toronto?

On Jun 13, 2014, at 10:06 AM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 June 2014 13:28, Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> perhaps we can take the opportunity to spend some time during the IETF in Toronto

Yes, please.

> Perhaps we can spend some time discussing the topic on the list
> beforehand.

Yes.

> That would help me a great deal in determining what - if
> anything - needs discussion at a face-to-face meeting.
>
> The big hole in this discussion is the user consent question.  I find
> the answers presented thus far unsatisfactory.  Is there some new
> information that can be shared in this regard?  Or, are there new
> technical proposals that don't suffer from a dependency on users
> making correct decisions?

Yes for example see Peter Lepeska's post today, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2014AprJun/1281.html.  I think it could be implemented with a certificate that explained it is a proxy (in the certificate capabilities) without necessarily needing draft-mcgrew-tls-proxy-server by just seeing the presented certificate has capability=proxy.  draft-mcgrew-tls-proxy-server does provide some additional value.

-d