Re: what about Proxies in Toronto?

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:06:46 -0700
To: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 12 June 2014 13:28, Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com> wrote:
> perhaps we can take the opportunity to spend some time during the IETF in Toronto

Perhaps we can spend some time discussing the topic on the list
beforehand.  That would help me a great deal in determining what - if
anything - needs discussion at a face-to-face meeting.

The big hole in this discussion is the user consent question.  I find
the answers presented thus far unsatisfactory.  Is there some new
information that can be shared in this regard?  Or, are there new
technical proposals that don't suffer from a dependency on users
making correct decisions?