Re: Question on HTTP 408

On Wed, 4 Jun 2014, Willy Tarreau wrote:

>> But then, curl doesn't read from the connection until after it has sent its
>> request (or part of request) so the "problematic" case with getting a
>> response before even sending a request will never be noticed.
>
> No problem, it will be noticed *after* the request is sent when the client
> waits for the response since it's present in the network buffers.

Yes, sorry for being muddy but that is what I meant.

Also, since curl doesn't do pre-connects or "speculative" connects in any ways
that would risk to add the time between the TCP connect and the first bytes of
the HTTP request to get sent I would have guessed that the amount of 408s that
had been sent or received in that interval to be fairly small.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se