Re: http/2 & hpack protocol review

On 6 May 2014 13:50, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> Or for that matter:  If HTTP/2 will be an improvement in the first place.
>
> I've yet to see any numbers that justify technical cost of the added
> complexity.

I'm not quite as pessimistic as you are, Poul-Henning. I'm sure there
will be some specific use-cases where HTTP/2 is a win, which is why I
want client libraries in Python to have access to it. But I agree, it
seems that there are going to be a reasonable number of use-cases
where HTTP/2 is less effective than HTTP/1.1.