Re: Proxy User Stories

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 14:20:21 -0800
To: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 9 December 2013 14:09, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> HTTP is one of the relative few protocols which provide a triple benefits
> of; TCP reliability, proxies to re-route stateless messages, and wide
> compatibility with the Internet as a whole.

I'm not sure where reliability comes in with the architecture you
describe.  You might have reliability on a per-hop basis, but that's
not reliability in any useful sense.  Is there some overarching
reliability protocol in place?

The rest all seems fairly standard for IP.  Even the per-user flow
classification stuff.