Re: What will incentivize deployment of explicit proxies?

I like this discovery process. It's all in HTTP. The only downside is
that it requires plaintext HTTP to work. I'm assuming that
http://awebsite.com should not be the real site that the user is trying
to view, but some specific site that the browser vendor keeps available
just for testing for proxies with HTTP. You can't use the site that the
user used, because that might be HTTPS.

You will get pushback on #5, though.

On 3/12/13 3:16 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Mar 3 décembre 2013 12:24, Yoav Nir a écrit :
>

> 5. Prompt the user:
>
> Accept using gateway-name to access http://awebsite.com/ and other web
> sites in ingoing-http2-mode ?
>
> [check reformatted access rules] [see help page] [see certificate]
>
>    [ ] Prompt for other web sites and security modes
>    ( ) only for this session ( ) all the time
>    (*) only from here        ( ) everywhere
>                                           [Yes] [No]

My mother would call me if she got that. My daughter would quickly learn
that clicking "Yes" after unchecking the "Prompt" box and selecting
"everywhere" makes the prompt go away and not come back. IOW it would
make the Internet work.

Yoav

(or my mother could call my daughter and get her advice...)