Re: What will incentivize deployment of explicit proxies?

Le Mar 3 décembre 2013 12:27, William Chan (陈智昌) a écrit :
> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Nicolas Mailhot
> <nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net
>> wrote:
>

>> Le Mar 3 décembre 2013 08:37, William Chan (陈智昌) a écrit :
>> > Pardon me if this is obvious, but it's not immediately obvious to me
>> what
>> > will cause people to use explicit proxies instead of MITM proxies? Who
>> is
>> > going to deploy them? The 2 cases I can think of are:
>>
>> I think browser and privacy people really need to remove their 'us vs
>> them' blinders and the debate will be much more constructive.
>>

> Wow, this is fairly aggressive. Did my email really prompt this?

Sorry if it was aggressive, I was trying to kill this argument once and
for all.

The incentive to adopt http/2 instead of existing systems is to play nice
with browsers and users (assuming http/2 is well designed). Existing
systems do not play nice with users and browsers. If you integrate the
fact that operators do want to play nice with users and browsers, you'll
realise your question answers itself.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot