Re: What will incentivize deployment of explicit proxies?

From: Yoav Nir <synp71@live.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 13:24:43 +0200
To: Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net>, "William Chan (陈智昌)" <willchan@chromium.org>
CC: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 3/12/13 12:02 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Mar 3 décembre 2013 09:09, William Chan (陈智昌) a écrit :
>
>> I agree using personal devices would likely cause headaches. But you're
>> not
>> saying explicit proxies solves this somehow, do you? If so, I missed it.
> Explicit auto-configured proxies allow plugging in devices which have not
> been mastered by the IT department. They don't require the user to hunt
> for the MITM certificate, or the pacfile that enables external
> communication on corporate premises.

I don't want to get too far down the UX rat-hole, but I wonder what
steps 3-9 in the following story look like

 1. Got myself a new tablet/laptop/SmartWig
    <http://gizmodo.com/sonys-play-for-elderly-tech-fans-a-wearable-smart-wig-1471023561>.
 2. I brought my new device to work (where there is this new HTTPS proxy)
 3. ..
 4. ..
 5. ..
 6. ..