Re: Ambiguity when handling DATA frames on closed streams

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 11:20:10 -0800
To: Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>
Cc: Alan Shreve <alan@inconshreveable.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2 December 2013 11:12, Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com> wrote:
> The reason it's not stream closed in section 6.1 is the stream may be in the
> idle state when you receive the DATA frame.

You know, I think that I'm OK with STREAM_CLOSED there too.  Though
treating that as a connection error (as opposed to a stream error) is
probably best.  But that's a discretionary thing.  But then, I think
that it's perfectly valid for an implementation to upgrade all their
stream errors to connection errors.