Re: Yet another trusted proxy suggestion

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 08:20:22AM +0100, Eliot Lear wrote:
> One of the things this conversation brings out is that there are many
> use cases even at banks.

Exactly, which is why we must always keep in mind that it is important to
let implementers/users choose what they want and not try to decide for
them what the protocol permits!

> The consumer facing use case is quite
> different than that of the employee/back office use case.

Yes, but they will possibly converge. If properly designed, the protocol
will permit safer proxies and we'll see more offers of filtered browsing
for consumers. There's a lot of demand for this and end users never seem
satisfied with what they have to use at home.

Willy