Re: Yet another trusted proxy suggestion

From: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 08:42:09 +0100
To: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>
Cc: Yoav Nir <synp71@live.com>, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@gmail.com>, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net>, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>, HTTP Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 08:20:22AM +0100, Eliot Lear wrote:
> One of the things this conversation brings out is that there are many
> use cases even at banks.

Exactly, which is why we must always keep in mind that it is important to
let implementers/users choose what they want and not try to decide for
them what the protocol permits!

> The consumer facing use case is quite
> different than that of the employee/back office use case.

Yes, but they will possibly converge. If properly designed, the protocol
will permit safer proxies and we'll see more offers of filtered browsing
for consumers. There's a lot of demand for this and end users never seem
satisfied with what they have to use at home.

Willy