Re: Proposal: Explicit HTTP2S proxy with any node refusal

Le Mer 27 novembre 2013 00:40, Adrien de Croy a écrit :

> fundamentally this proposes a compromise between level of trust of the
> proxy vs performance.
>
> Since we don't trust the proxy not to alter content, we have to endure
> extra round trips to set up the second layer of TLS

Consider that a browser is likely to establish a tls channel to the
proxies active on his network as soon as the user starts browsing, so yes
there will be a penalty for the first objects but the next ones won't see
the difference (and properly designed web sites will benefit from the
caching at the proxy layer.

I said proxies because we, for example, run a high-availability setup and
each browser gets two proxies on two different physical sites at startup
(much more reliable to have browsers failover or load-balance as they wish
depending on network conditions)

Regards

--
Nicolas Mailhot