Re: New Version Notification for draft-snell-httpbis-keynego-01.txt

From: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:03:35 -0800
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I don't buy the argument that you're screwed anyway so don't worry about it.

I do agree that it is sometimes good to allow other entities to route one's
opaque bytestreams-- terminating the transport at various locations within
the path can help reduce the effects of packet loss on lossy segments,
reducing jitter and increasing throughput/goodput. Exposing the
framing/length of things that would be in an encrypted-by-TLS bytestream
today, however, does worry me-- it makes BEAST/CRIME-like attacks
significantly more difficult to protect against.
-=R