Re: A proposal

From: Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 20:07:15 +0100
To: "Mike Belshe" <mike@belshe.com>
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Le Mar 19 novembre 2013 10:45, Mike Belshe a écrit :

> Alright, well thats all fine, but I really don't know why you're going off
> on this rant.    Can you cite for me the specific quote from anyone on
> this
> list who declared or implied that TLS was a comprehensive solution for
> 'security' or 'privacy'?  I don't think anyone did, so this rant is really
> unnecessary.

That's playing with words, Chrome and Mozilla representatives have been
quite clear they wanted to force a TLS-only web for 'security' and
'privacy'. Even though there is a ton of things those browsers could do
*now* to improve privacy without fostering pki on everyone else.

Really, it's getting quite annoying to see all this forceful selling of
TLS in the name of privacy and security while systematically stonewalling
any attempt to consider the parts of the protocol that are used to data
mine users now (let's use the business term not emotional appeals).

--
Nicolas Mailhot