Re: Moving forward on improving HTTP's security

In message <CABaLYCsL5kHPETW2OC7ZyTm_s7rCJYoJaFChSc5kAsi-PWJN3A@mail.gmail.com>
, Mike Belshe writes:

>I agree, TLS is too hard to use today.  We need more tools and simpler
>processes.

And this is one of (many) reasons why I think HTTP/2.0 should be
defined as a protocol to run on a transparent byte-pipe.

That would give us a neatly layered situation, where the mapping
from "http:", "https:", "httpng:", and even "httpNSAsucks:" to
how the byte-pipe is constructed is decoupled from what we move
through the byte-pipe once it is constructed.