Re: HTTP 2.0 mandatory security vs. Amateur Radio

From: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:16:02 -0800
To: Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
One of the reasons why http/1.1 is what people use on port 80 is because
that is all which reliably traverses it.

Deployment of http2.0 on port 80, unencrypted, across the internet would be
a reliability and support nightmare. The spec could attempt to mandate it,
but I don't see that actually changing anything about how they would be
forced to deploy it over the internet. That would be a poor idea.

-=R