Re: Moving forward on improving HTTP's security

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:40:37 +0800
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>
Amos,

On 14 Nov 2013, at 8:00 am, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> Lets end this enable-TLS-everywhere-and-well-be-fine B***sh*t.

My proposal explicitly said that we had more work to do, and that we’d be coordinating with other parts of the IETF as well as other organisations to improve Web security overall. No one that I see is seriously asserting that we’re anywhere near done.

Using emotive language — whether you star out letters or not — does not help people understand what’s happening here. Please be careful how you characterise other people’s positions.

Cheers,

—
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/