TLS WG discussion of ALPN

From: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 15:34:24 -0800
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I wanted to make the http wg aware of a ALPN discussion starting on the TLS
WG. My colleague Brian Smith, who works on TLS among other things,
discusses some of the issues there with confidentiality and interop we're
concerned about with using ALPN for HTTP/2. Mark has made it pretty clear
that this is best discussed on the TLS side - so I just want to point to it
from here so it doesn't get missed by any interested parties.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tls/current/msg10405.html

I apologize that due to a scheduling confusion Brian wasn't able to make
these comments in the HTTPbis-WG session this morning - they certainly
would have added to the discussion we had there. (otoh it left more time to
talk about encryption :))

-Patrick