Re: idea -- MAX_PUSH_RESOURCE_SIZE

On 4 November 2013 10:00, Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster@gmail.com> wrote:
> As per above, the browser currently can only set max concurrent streams to
> limit the amount of data pushed to it but perhaps better is to set a max
> size of file that the browser is willing to accept via server push.

We are, as much as possible, attempting to limit the number of
settings that we allow in the protocol.  I take that to mean that
there needs to be a high bar on the addition of settings.
Specifically, if there is an alternative solution to the problem, then
it's not enough.

In this case, if you are concerned about the size, the flow control
window will allow you to control the size and give you time to
generate RST_STREAM as appropriate.  ...Trade off as appropriate
against your desire to maximize throughput.