Re: [apps-discuss] content inspection in absence of media type, was: APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-24

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 15:41:22 +0000
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics.all@tools.ietf.org, ietf-http-wg@w3.org, apps-discuss@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org
Mark Nottingham writes:

> Consensus around this text was particularly hard-won; unless there
> is a very good reason to make a change, I'd rather not risk falling
> into that rat-hole again.

And, I should add in case it helps at all, that the W3C TAG was
involved in the extensive discussions which resulted in this text.

I also think the fact that it is where it is, in 3.1.1.5, does matter.

But recapitulating and/or referencing it in the Security
Considerations section would of course be fine, and indeed probably
desireable.

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk