Re: Question on flow control for a single file transfer

Right. And you don't want to turn it off at the connection level since you
never know if a connection will eventually see multiple simultaneous
streams and so need flow control. That's why I was thinking the sender
should ignore receive window updates unless it is sending more than one
stream.

If the receiver really wants to slow down a single stream connection, then
it will just delay its posting of receive buffers to TCP the way it does
with HTTP 1.x -- this gives flow control back to TCP unless there's more
than one sending stream.

Peter