Re: should tools like wget implement HTTP 2.0?

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 09:04:57 -0800
To: Peter Lepeska <bizzbyster@gmail.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 3 November 2013 08:59,  <bizzbyster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any reason why HTTP file transfer clients like curl and wget should
> ever implement 2.0?

That's not our choice.  Though I would suggest that some of the wget
modes of operation would benefit; and there are potentially some
advantages to be gained from having opportunistic encryption for http:
resources.

> More radically, since there is no benefit for uploads, should HTTP 2.0 even
> support the upload verbs?

Absolutely yes.  There's more to HTTP PUT than file upload.  And the
benefits to proxies and gateways in terms of multiplexing are
incredible.