Re: [apps-discuss] FYI: LINK and UNLINK

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:48:00 +1100
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, IETF Apps Discuss <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
To: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>

On 24/09/2013, at 5:17 AM, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a general FYI... I have submitted iteration -04 of the
> LINK/UNLINK draft with a few minor editorial fixes... and, I have
> formally requested Last Call status as an Independent Submission on
> the Standards Track.
>
>  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-link-method-04

In Section 2 of -05:

"For any pair of resources, exactly one relationship of any given type can exist."

That's a new and apparently backwards-incompatible change to the model of linking on the Web... e.g., consider "stylesheet".

Also, can these methods be made conditional?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/