Re: on/about a stream, frame ordering

On 21 October 2013 11:41, William Chan (陈智昌) <willchan@chromium.org> wrote:
> I feel like we've discussed this in the interim meetings, but I don't see
> any language about this in the spec. I see many references to "on a stream",
> but I can't find anything "about a stream". Is this language we plan to
> formalize in the spec?

I don't know if we ever formally discussed this, but there were a
number of offline discussions.  I concluded (with Jeff's help) that -
at least for specification text - there was no strong need to invent a
nomenclature around this.  What the draft does is define a stream in
terms of HEADERS and DATA frames:

"A "stream" is an independent, bi-directional sequence of HEADERS and
DATA frames exchanged between the client and server within an HTTP/2.0
connection."

On the whole, the draft is explicit about the use of each individual
frame type (when, where, how, etc...), which avoids the need for a
label like that.  Yes, that approach doesn't scale, but the hope is
that there isn't any need to scale to any real extent.